Families Escape Death In Lagos Fire.

No fewer than eight families have escaped death after fire engulfed an apartment in the Makoko, Yaba area of Lagos.
PUNCH Metrolearnt that the fire, which was caused by an electrical surge on Tuesday, started at about 9am.
Our correspondent gathered that the fire, which was eventually put out by some men in the area, had, however, gutted a section of the building.
According to a resident who claimed to be an eyewitness, Mr. Tunde Yekini, the fire emanated from an electrical fault in the house.
A resident who lost property to the fire, Mr. Gabriel Sona, said he was at work when he received a call that there was a fire in his house.
He said, “I have gone to work when I received a call that my house was on fire. I quickly rushed back home to discover that I have lost my property to the fire.”
The Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasaq Fadipe, said, the service was informed about the incident.
He said, “We sent our men from Ilupeju. Later on, I was called back that the fire had been put off by some residents of the area.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nkiru Sylvanus returns in "The Voice"

Ray J offers sex tape money to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West as a wedding gift

America and Arab allies launch 50 strikes on terrorist group's Syrian heartland and warns its fanatical leaders 'this is only the beginning'