Confessions of a British banker: 'Leaving Hong Kong saved my life'

                      A file image of a sign in Wan Chai shows prices for prostitutes of varying nationalities.


The British banker who spent several years working in Hong Kong and is now receiving professional help for his addictions. He has requested not to be named. He no longer lives in the city.
Continue...

CNN  reported -- The first time I walked down the main drag in Wan Chai in Hong Kong, I couldn't believe what I saw; all the mama bars there and prostitutes openly in the street outside trying to get guys to go in.
Within the first week I'd already been offered cocaine, though I didn't take it at that stage. When I did, it was easy to get.
I know 100 guys between the ages of 20 and 50, and I'd say around 30 of them were regular cocaine users. Not all were working in banking, but most were, of the ones I knew. They were all Westerners.
Briton charged in Hong Kong murders

I know guys in banking in London, Chicago and Sydney and they've all got the same pressures as Hong Kong. Yes, I know some cocaine users in those cities, but the ratio of the people I know to the ratio of people I know who are drug users is minimal -- it's almost non-existent. So it can only really be down to two things -- the availability of it and how many people do it; the general acceptance of it in Hong Kong.
When I read the news of the murders in Wan Chai, allegedly by a British banker, my first reaction was "I hope I don't know him, please don't be someone I know," because it easily could have been. I knew some guys who were seriously screwed up and now I realize just how much I had changed in Hong Kong, almost inhuman at times

Comments

Anonymous said…
nothing to do with HK you're just a Junkie

Popular posts from this blog

Nkiru Sylvanus returns in "The Voice"

America and Arab allies launch 50 strikes on terrorist group's Syrian heartland and warns its fanatical leaders 'this is only the beginning'

Ray J offers sex tape money to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West as a wedding gift